Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- The Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel has joined forces with LauraLynn - Ireland's Children's Hospice in raising some funds
- As part of Shades for a Day, a visit by Roy Keane to promote fundraising for the Guide Dogs Association; over EUR 42,000 raised, along with management's care of two dogs, Aisha and Riley, for a year until they were old enough for training
- Best Business Environmental Initiative with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council (DLRCC)
- Green Hospitality Gold Awards, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008
- Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind Campaign, March 2011
- Twice-yearly clean up of the local area